WHITSTABLE TOWN F.C
A two year full-time football and education academy programme for 16-19 year olds.
Year 1 – BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Sport
Year 2 – BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Sport
UCAS Points: Up to 280
4-5 GCSE’s Level 9-4 including English or Maths, or both
You will need to be 16 years old by 31st August, ready to start the programme in early September
FREE for 16-19 year olds. There will be a subsidised cost for purchasing kit
COURSE START DATE
The National League U19 Alliance, FA Youth Cup, SCL College South East Kent League
Education: Whitstable Town Football Club
Training: The Herne Bay Sports Hub
Access to University, Apprenticeships, Play professional and semi-professional football, Football
coaching, Sports, Leisure and Fitness Careers.
SCL Education Group an approved BTEC centre which is one of the UK’s leading independent education providers
Date/Time: Friday 17th July from 11:45 – 13:00
Location: Radfall Recreation Ground, Chestfield, CT5 3NG
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST and a member of our Education Team will be in touch with the next steps.
1: BOOK YOUR TRIAL
• Book trial
• Provide the information requested
2: ATTEND TRIAL
• Demonstrate your skills
• Successful players will be offered an interview
• One hour Education interview
• Your chance to ask any questions about our football and education programme and show your passion for sport
• For you and your parents
• Hear about our football and education programme
• Meet our academy coaches and SCL tutor
• Understand your exit routes when you graduate from our academy
• Ask any questions
If successful you will be given a conditional offer and then accepted depending on your results in August.
Players will study a variety of nationally-recognised qualifications within sport, coaching and fitness managed by SCL.
• Year 1 – BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Sport
• Year 2 – BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Sport
Where required students will study Maths and English GCSE or Functional Skills.
SCL Education Group is one of the UK’s leading independent providers of education through sport.
• Government approved post-16 private education provider
• Experts in the field of sport and education delivery with over 15 years’ experience
• Nationally recognised for high quality advice and guidance
• Programmes delivered in real sports environments
• Proven Progression routes
In addition to classroom based learning delivered by our outstanding teachers and training by highly qualified coaches, students will have access Pro-VLE, our Digital Learning Environment. Pro-VLE has been specifically designed to create a personalised, first class, digital learning experience for our students and has been tailored to support their education and development.
• Access study resources any place and at any time
• Simple submission of assignments online
• Students can interact with their class, teachers and coaches using Yammer
• Direct access to timetables, learner plans and emails
• Immediate access to tutor support
• Coaches will share Football performance and grades directly with students online
• A section of the Pro-VLE solely dedicated to information, advice and guidance on Career Progression
• Policies, Procedures, bursary forms and safeguarding information available at the click of a button
• FREE Microsoft Office 365
• Play in the The National League U19 Alliance, FA Youth Cup, The SCL College South East Kent League
• Daily training from highly qualified UEFA B coaches
• Connections with semi-professional and professional clubs
• Guidance on individual football fitness
• Regular appraisals to monitor development both on and off the pitch
• Nutritional advice
• Pathways into American Scholarships, New Zealand and Australian professional football
Whitstable Town Football Club has an established history of developing semi professional footballers from its local community. We aim to create as many educated and talented athletes as we can to push into the Whitstable FC first team and even higher.
There will be a subsidised cost for purchasing training kit at the start of the season. Further details about this will be provided upon the player’s acceptance into The Football Academy.
The Football Coaching is provided by us (Football Futures) and run by Josh Algar and Josh Hall.
JOSH ALGAR (24) is a UEFA B Qualified coach with over 7 years coaching experience and 18 years football playing experience. Josh is a current Millwall Football Club scout and the current Whitstable Town Football Club Reserves Team Manager. Josh has a vast background in the football industry and has trialled at Premier League Clubs when he was younger such as Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham which gives him fantastic knowledge to pass onto his players who are trying to make the big step into professional football.
JOSH HALL (27) is a UEFA B Qualified coach with over 10 years coaching experience and has previously worked with U16’s and Academy players at non league club Dover Athletic Football Club. He is also the current Canterbury City Football Club Joint First Team Manager which gives our players further exposure to semi-professional football.
Muhammed has been with our Whitstable Town Football Club Academy for two seasons and he caught the eye of a Fleetwood Town FC scout during a league fixture. He was noticed due to his fantastic speed, trickery and eye for goal which him resulted in him earning a one week trial.
Teddy has been with our Whitstable Town Football Club Academy for two seasons and he caught the eye of a Fleetwood Town FC scout during a league fixture. He was noticed due to his ability to read the game and aerial threat at centre back. He played over 50 non league games at just 17 years old and this resulted in him earning a one week trial.