WHITSTABLE TOWN FC ACADEMY
Year 14 (1 Year Course) Level 3 Diploma in Gym Instructing and Personal Training
Whilst training at the Whitstable Town FC Academy full-time, you can now study to become a fully Qualified Level 3 Personal Trainer. While continuing to train as part of the Whitstable Town FC Academy in our professional environment, you can now gain an internationally recognised Personal Training qualification as a Year 14 Programme (1 year course based at the Canterbury Academy School). The course is delivered by Rob Horswell training, the leading independent personal training provider in South East Kent.
This qualification aims to train learners to a professionally competent level, enabling them to prescribe, plan and deliver safe and effective exercise programmes developing their skills knowledge to pursue a career in personal training.
During the qualification learners will cover:
– Anatomy and physiology, functional kinesiology and concepts and components of fitness.
– Nutrition for exercise, health and fitness.
– Lifestyle and medical factors that affect wellbeing.
– Analysis of client information using the most accepted techniques.
– Assessment of a client’s current health and fitness status.
– Planning and conducting of physical activity sessions, within a variety of environments using multiple resources.
– Client consultations using the most accepted methods and providing strategies for successful behaviour change.
– Communication skills to effectively build successful relationships with their clients and other health care professionals.
– Legal and professional requirements for personal training.
– How to set up and manage a personal training business on a self-employed basis if they wish to.
– How to manage, evaluate and improve own performance.
The programme will allow you to further develop as a footballer full-time while gaining a Personal Training qualification, which you would be able to use to gain employment or set up your own business. The qualification also carries UCAS points for those who may want to go and study Further education.
-32 UCAS points